Removing Rosco Colorine

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
What's the best off-the-shelf item for removing Colorine? I know Rosco sells their own solvent, but what works just as well? I have dozens of lamps with poor red and blue dip coatings on them, and would just like to take the stuff off. I know they're poorly coated because I did a better job on a lamp with the one jar we have left.

Acetone, or toulene, will generally take it right off. "Goof-Off" works well too.

Remember, let the items thouroughly dry before using them, as the flash point of most thinner/solvents is extremely low. Be sure to wear chemical resistant gloves, Eye protection, and an appropriate respirator. Acetone, Toulene, Naptha and lacquer thinner are all extremely toxic and all can effect you by inhalation and through skin contact. They also have a nasty habit of sort of dulling your senses, so you don't realize how bad you're feeling 'till you walk away.

Just a little safety note for the future generations.

Thanks guys. Does it take much to remove it, like do I really have wipe at it or does it come right off?

Depending on how thick it is, it should be a dip and a wipe.

Well I guess that's what you get with something that's been around since the 1910's.

How come flea dip kills fleas, but lamp dip doesn't kill lamps? What about sheep dip? French onion dip?

Derek I liked it better when you were messed up on meds.

Harumph! And I was going to get you one of these, too. Now may have to give them to Charc.

Harbor Freight, Item#95566-1YZA.
proxy.php

Wait, really?!?! I deserved lazor scissorz?

Yea, that'll be alot better than your B&D!!!!

Van, I thought your trick for removing Colorine was 3 ounces of MEK, 3 ounces of Listerine... swish in your mouth, insert lamp, lick off the lamp, and spit. Leaves your lamp clean, your mouth minty fresh, and teeth white as snow... course it dissolves your gums but that's a small price to pay for a clean lamp!

Just kidding kids don't EVER mess with MEK.

<Leaves your lamp clean, your mouth minty fresh, and teeth white as snow... >

And after all, this IS show business!!!

:)

Van, I thought your trick for removing Colorine was 3 ounces of MEK, 3 ounces of Listerine... swish in your mouth, insert lamp, lick off the lamp, and spit. Leaves your lamp clean, your mouth minty fresh, and teeth white as snow... course it dissolves your gums but that's a small price to pay for a clean lamp!

Just kidding kids don't EVER mess with MEK.

Hey I like that Idea a lot!

That is garbage, and most certainly not Makita.

That's not garbage, it'll charge once and might be able to drive half a dozen 1/2" screws into drywall before it quits. That's got to be worth something. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back