Rent truss outriggers for totems in Dallas/Fortworth TX

Morte615

A company I work with is doing a Shakespeare in the park and they want to do some truss totems for lights. Not much 5 lights per totem.
They are looking at 15 foot totems but the production company they are renting from doesn't have outriggers. Since this is on grass I am telling them they have to use outriggers to help support the totems.
Does anyone have a source in the area that could provide some outriggers?

Worried about killing grass? Normally it’s just base plate and sand bags?

More worried about unevenness in the grass. Not sure if they can level the totem well enough with just a small base plate.

have you seen the custom sand filled steel plates ... they can be leveled with screw Jacks.

we've male something similar with up to 1 in steel plates some also have stake holes for traditional steel tent stakes ... we've got stamps for these in situations that require it

also could find an aluminum base larger than the standard 36in ... have a 60 in one these also stand off the ground and are reinforced for 12 and 20x

I'm going to chime in here.

A 15' tall truss tower with 5 units at the top is not "not much". That is enough to kill. I'd either go with a large base with considerable mass (over 200 lbs) or four outriggers per tower.

Show Rig has some wonderful stacking bases that also have scaff jacks for leveling.

Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back