Icanhaslight

Hey,

So I have a show coming up and need to cover some hard to light areas and actors that are lifted in the air. So I was looking to put a 120 v mover out on my torms to help fill in these spots and add some nice color to the stage in some scenes. I have a rental package coming in for the show and already have Martin Mac 700 profiles and chauvet maverick mk2 spots coming in and was wondering if anyone has used these two movers side by side or can give me advice as to which would be a better choice. I'm a bit limited since I want shutters so wash units are out, I don't have 220v power, and the rental company I am using only has a few 120v movers to choose from. The throw is about 30 feet to the stage from the torms.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for the help.

If you are limited by the rental company's inventory, what instruments do they have? Some options that come to mind are Mac Vipers Performances, Clay Paky Alpha Profile 700, Alpha Profile 800, and LED: the Robe DLS/DL4s,DL7s. That's about it for 120v offerings (unless I am missing one, which I may be).

If you are limited by the rental company's inventory, what instruments do they have? Some options that come to mind are Mac Vipers Performances, Clay Paky Alpha Profile 700, Alpha Profile 800, and LED: the Robe DLS/DL4s,DL7s. That's about it for 120v offerings (unless I am missing one, which I may be).

They have VL 1000, VL2500, Mac700, Clay Paky Mythos, chauvet maverick MK2 spots, and the chauvet rogue r2. Thank you for your help.

Hi Ican,
Of the fixtures listed, the brightest are the MK2, and the Mythos. The Mythos is more of a Beam than a spot. Generally speaking, I think you'll be happiest with the Mk2 on your torms.
Brightness wise, you're above Mac 700s. The Macs (depending on lamp age) may have a brighter center point, but the field on the Mk2s is very very even, and bright. The Mk2 has true CMY color Mixing, with a variable CTO, so you should be able to color match them to almost anything you have out there.

Please check in with us after the gig, I'll be excited to hear how they do for you.

Hi Ican,
Of the fixtures listed, the brightest are the MK2, and the Mythos. The Mythos is more of a Beam than a spot. Generally speaking, I think you'll be happiest with the Mk2 on your torms.
Brightness wise, you're above Mac 700s. The Macs (depending on lamp age) may have a brighter center point, but the field on the Mk2s is very very even, and bright. The Mk2 has true CMY color Mixing, with a variable CTO, so you should be able to color match them to almost anything you have out there.

Please check in with us after the gig, I'll be excited to hear how they do for you.

Hey Ford,

Thank you for your help. Quick question while I have someone who knows the MK 2 units. Do they have shutters?

Thanks for your help and time

Hi Ican,
Unfortunately, there aren't currently any fixtures in the Maverick line with shutters.
I know that there are still several fixtures in the pipeline, so I would keep an eye out for this option in the future.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your show turns out.

Hey,

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to give an update. I did like the maverick mk2 spots. They are a very solid fixture. The lack of shutters was unfortunate but luckily the min zoom actully just missed the borders and the apron so it ended up working out pretty perfectly. I used 8 of them on stage as well and I was a big fan of them there.

Thank you Ford for your advice and help.

Cheers all.

I'm glad to help.
Out of curiosity, how did the Mac700s and the MK2s look together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back