Repair to rear projection screen

I have a 25' by 43' rear projection screen. A small hole was created during set construction. Any suggestion on how to repair a 2 inch tear in the fabric?

Sad thing is that you will have little luck with it not being visible afterwards.

A competent seamstress/sempstor might be able to lace it togther with the proper color of thread relatively unnoticeably, if it's a clean cut/tear.

I know that some of the rental companies use a clear tape until they can replace the screen. Not sure the exact type, but I can write to a few friends if you don't get an answer from Rosebrand.

I have a 25' by 43' rear projection screen. A small hole was created during set construction. Any suggestion on how to repair a 2 inch tear in the fabric?
@Wayne Roth Depending upon the size and position, after you've drawn, quartered and hung the carpenter as a reminder of your wrath, can you win at all by re-hanging inverted, swapped side to side, adjusting masking or re-positioning a set piece in front of it?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

First ask rosebrand. Second I might try some form of clear tape on the back side of the screen ( if it is a clean tear/ slit). I would probably apply a piece to the edge where it will not show to see how it works first.

Did not see ruinexplorer’s earlier comment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back