Microphones Repairing UniPak Terminations?

I am debating buying a whole bunch of mics in the future and had previous heard of bodymics.com from the website, but will have to look at Microphone Madness. One thing that appeals to me about Body Mics is the drastic price as compared to others, but I'm obviously concerned about the stability/quality because of the price.

Kyle,

I've been buying earhook mics from Rod Reilly at Bodymics for several years. Very happy. Rod's great to work with. If you contact him, tell him Joel Glaser sent you.

Not the most expensive mics, but quality seems to be pretty decent. I've have some fail over the years, but I figure that as a cost of doing business. I'd much rather throw out a $30 - $50 mic, than buy parts and try to fix a $100 - $200 mic. I work mostly with school kids and they can be rough on mics. Even adults don't always understand how delicate the mics are.

I'm running Sennheiser wireless systems. I own 32 systems. 24 in the big rig and 8 in a small rack. I have yet to use more than 24 on one show. The small rack is for shows when I only need a few systems or some wireless handhelds. Very happy with the Sennheiser.

Thanks Joel for the info! I'm very interested in purchasing lavalier mics to be used under the hairline, tho I'm really nervous about using them. Up until now, we've used earsets exclusively however we have had a couple booms break on us and I'm not a fan of seeing the mic in front of the actors throughout the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back