Replacement Iris for Lycian 1272

kiilljoy

Hey folks,

Been a long time since last I was here. I've recently taken over as the ME for a theatre here in Seattle, and we've got a couple Lycian Starklite IIs that are in need of new Irises. They've been limping along for a couple years now, and they are not so circular anymore. I've got emails out to Lycian and Full Compass, but as the fixture is discontinued now, I'm not sure how much luck I'm going to have.

Anybody got any leads I can followup on? It's part #120641, and apparently the same iris assembly used in the Midget 1206.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Been a long time since last I was here. I've recently taken over as the ME for a theatre here in Seattle, and we've got a couple Lycian Starklite IIs that are in need of new Irises. They've been limping along for a couple years now, and they are not so circular anymore. I've got emails out to Lycian and Full Compass, but as the fixture is discontinued now, I'm not sure how much luck I'm going to have.

Anybody got any leads I can followup on? It's part #120641, and apparently the same iris assembly used in the Midget 1206.

Thanks!
@kiilljoy Possibly you could go with one of the DMX controlled iris's from Rosco or any of the several other manufacturer / suppliers. I particularly like one of Rosco's as it can be programmed to close as DMX values increase whereas most of the others decrease in diameter as DMX values are dialed down which happens all too easily when forgetful board operators hastily grab all channels and wind them down as a group and then burn the snot out of their iris's by leaving them closed to their minimum diameters all too often with their lamps at full or close to it. Best of luck with your search and repair project.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

This is still listed at Full Compass and my guess is that it is still available. If I'm not mistaken, this is a fairly standard iris with a control arm welded to it.

I understand that using email is convenient, but often giving them a call gets you a faster response. Also, have you considered giving a call to PNTA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back