Requiescat in pace, Clyde Parker

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
One of the most influential people in my career recently passed away. Clyde Parker, who was technical director at Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium on the Arizona State University campus was an inspiration to many technicians who have had excellent careers. I was asked to apply for his position after he retired, which was funny as many people had said that I would one day be his replacement. He always had the best stories (tried to convince him to write a book) and gave me an appreciation for really strong coffee. I think that he always wanted it strong as he smoked filterless cigarettes. He had this rather large, orange coffee cup that had quite a patina from the years of drinking that strong coffee. I remember how he got so angry when someone felt that they would do him a favor by washing the cup.

I hadn't spoken with him in a few years. Now, I only get to share with others who were also his friend. Do make sure to reach out to your mentors and colleagues whom you may not have in recent years. This is an especially hard time for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back