Resources about Color Science / Color Management

TuckerD

Hi all!

I was debating posting this in multimedia but I figured that it would get more attention here. I work in color science / color management of LED display technologies. I've been asked several times over the last year for a list of reading materials / books / links / etc... that some one who is a beginner in color science can read to understand what's happening when we look at a stage.

I know that I've read several good links over the last few years as I've grown and gotten more knowledgable of color science but sadly don't remember any of the more introductory resources I've read and most of the material I'm reading today is too advanced for someone with little to no knowledge of color systems (ex. CIE 1931 and the standard observer for example)

Do you have any texts that explain spectral power distributions, reflective / additive color mixing / etc...? I'd love to finally have a list of things to recommend to people.

Thanks Bill and Sk8rsDad. I'll try to review them later. I did find a few goodies in MWood's archive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back