Rest in Peace Si Morse

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
We just lost one of Seattle's most loved techs. Si Morse spent years working at Tacoma Little Theater and later Seattle Children's Theater before he moved to the curtain shop at Pacific Northwest Theater Associates. If you bought drapes in the Pac NW in the last 30 years, you probably worked with Si. Si was a genius at solving weird design issues and always made sure things coming out of the drape shop were top quality. He was such a kind and gracious person to work with and generous with his time. He could tell a good story too. Si loved his job, so much that he didn't retire until the age of 79! Si passed away at the age of 83 due to natural causes. If you knew Si and would like to reach out to his family, PNTA is happy to pass along your messages.

Here's an example of the creative kind of work Si was great at. The far shive on my mid-stage traveler sticks out at an odd angle. Unfortunately it is too tight of a fit and it would hang up on the legs downstage or get swinging and catch the bottom pipe of the scrim behind it. When it hung up so bad that it bent my curtain track, Si not only got me the correct parts to replace the bent track, he helped me install them on site for no charge and he created this ingenious bumper to prevent the problem from ever happening again.

Thanks Si! You will be missed.
IMG_20200728_134020__01__01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back