Rest in Peace, Tom "VenueTech" Kjera

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
It is my sad duty to inform you that longtime ControlBooth member, @venuetech passed away on July 30th, 2019.

His daughter contacted me today to let me know he passed away.

Tom spent many years as technical director at Hering Auditorium in Fairbanks, Alaska. He lived in Fairbanks up to 1993, when he and his family moved to Kodiak, where he would spend the next 25 years at the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium, as its technical director, and from where he had recently retired.

Tom's obituary is here: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn/obituary.aspx?n=thomas-allen-kjera&pid=193634297

Tom has been a member of ControlBooth for over 11 years and has answered thousands of questions and contributed to our wiki. He freely shared his knowledge and was always on hand, especially for teachers and people who taught the next generation the art and science of technical theatre. His contributions, his wit, and wisdom will be missed.

So ControlBooth, please join me in raising a glass for our fallen brother.

Rest In Peace, Tom, and we will do our best to live up to your example.

-dvsDave

Tom-Kjera-portrait.jpg

I'm so sad to hear this. @venuetech was such an amazing valuable resource in this community. I hope that his family will read a bit here to see how much he was appreciated. His rock solid advice from years of work and teaching has been invaluable. He will truly be missed, but his words of wisdom here on CB will continue to teach the next generation in his absence. Godspeed Tom!

This is turning into a rough year. Thank you Tom for your contributions here. You will be missed.

Thank you Tom. You will be missed. You touched a lot of minds and as a teacher and TD that is the point.

I am very sorry to hear this; the arts loses precious people every day, and it just reminds me more and more to be a part of a community and never focus on myself. We’re stronger together.

I’ll leave the ghost light on for you, @venuetech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back