Resume Help.

Stryker87

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a head start on my summer job hunt and my portfolio is rather weak due to my inability to actually remember to take pictures of my work. This means that I better have one heck of a resume to fill in the gap.

I really don't want to say too much, because I'm interested in seeing how well my resume speaks for it's self.

Thanks for the help,

Tyler

P.S. I have removed the names and contact info for my references.

Attachments

• resume for CB.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 30
Some random thoughts in no particular order.

1. Make it ONE page. Do whatever you must: narrower margins, smaller font, judicious editing. Unless you want all but the first page ignored or filed in the circular bin, one page only.

2. References usually go at the bottom.

3. You're in college now. "Graduated from Spider's Breath High School, year." is all that needs to be said. Don't list High School shows.

5. Make your name, and the position for which you are applying, more prominent at the top.

5. See this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/general-advice/8102-resume-help.html?highlight=resume, and many others, for more tips 'n' tricks.

6. Have an English major friend proof-read it for spelling and style. Names of shows should be italicized, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back