Wireless RF-COMM Sharing RF-MIC Antennae Distro?

sfxGuy

Hi guys...

Had a BTR 700 and four beltpacks donated to us; think old and well-used. I believe only two of the beltpacks work. Certainly only two of the batteries hold a charge anymore. It came with no antennae or AA battery sleds.

Question: I have some room on the Sennheiser antenna distro for our RF Mics (EW 500/G3). The freq. specs on the paddles match with the BTR 700. Can I safely patch the BTR 700 into the distro? Will it work? Can I purchase a BNC to TNC adapter or must I make up my own? Or is this a situation where I need to find the money for new antennae?

TIA! Sean...

There should not be a problem patching the BTR's receive antenna into it, but that does presuppose that the desired coverage area for the radio mics and the BTRs are the same.

Patching the transmit connection out of the base station into a splitter WILL end badly, an IEM combiner, probably OK...

Can I safely patch the BTR 700 into the distro? Will it work?

Only the receive side of the BTR. Each antenna can only go one way, either it is a receiver or a transmitter. Like Chris said, you can combine the BTR into your current distro but that means that the BTR packs will have to same coverage area as the wireless mics. If the mics go out in the dressing rooms, the BTR packs definitely will go out too.

Can I purchase a BNC to TNC adapter or must I make up my own?

You can purchase these as adaptors only, or as a short cable with the two different ends. Doesn't make a difference which option you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back