Ringing Out Mics on Midas Pro2

mellinger

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a Midas Pro2 Board and was wondering if anyone has used this board to ring out mics to reduce feedback. I was watching some videos online how to do this on the X32 and on that board it had a visual EQ where you could see where the problematic frequencies were for certain mics when gained high.

However, on the Pro2, I can't seem to find any visualizer to show me where the problematic frequencies might be. Does anyone know a way around this, or have tips for ringing out the mics on the Midas Pro2? Or maybe I just didn't find the visualizer on the Pro2 to do this?

Thanks for any tips,

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a Midas Pro2 Board and was wondering if anyone has used this board to ring out mics to reduce feedback. I was watching some videos online how to do this on the X32 and on that board it had a visual EQ where you could see where the problematic frequencies were for certain mics when gained high.

However, on the Pro2, I can't seem to find any visualizer to show me where the problematic frequencies might be. Does anyone know a way around this, or have tips for ringing out the mics on the Midas Pro2? Or maybe I just didn't find the visualizer on the Pro2 to do this?

Thanks for any tips,
Search Y-T for "ringing out monitors by ear".

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any tips,

Yes, there is an RTA built in too. You have to add it in your FX rack. After you do that it will also display over your EQ. Its not as clean as the X32, but it is there.

After that... if you are just ringing for feedback and tuning for feedback... you have bigger problems you need to address first.

If you have a spare Android phone or tablet laying around, check out Audizr Pro. I haven't calibrated it, but it seems pretty close.

Last edited:
All you need is a sweep-able EQ, the ability to hear feedback, and a gentle hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back