Rising Stage

lets go back to what was originally suggested... a scissor lift table cable of holding hundreds of pounds- not a scissors work platform. As long as you stay under 6 feet with it, no fall protection or rails are required.

While we're on the subject of the lift table, lets talk about putting live load on a table ment to hold stationary objects. Not a great idea.

Car jacks. Also not a great idea. They have very small footprints and are ment for temporary use only. Factory car jacks sometimes fail. Thats why you should never be under a car held up by them. Plus you will have to worry about the platform moving equally on both sides.

Rigging a moving platform is not a small thing. Rigging a moving platform with people and equipment to move during a show... thats too involved for a very very low budget.

Sorry, but I don't see anyway that this can be done safetly without funding, and lots of it.

Remember, it doesn't matter how cool it looks and what it'll do unless it's done safetly.

I agree with that satement. Also another thing i didnt think about was that a Sky jack even the smallest ones avalible weigh atleast 4,000 pounds, unless your stage is made of steel or you lay plywood when you drive it on there it will fall right through the floor.

JH

I know our stage is just on plywood and concrete. But, when we built an extension out into the pit, it held our lift which is pretty heavy (Heft-t-Herman).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back