Road case, fir or compression?

tk2k

Hi all,
first time buying a custom road case, when I try to install it the foam hole is 1/2 inch too small on the left and right. Is this so it will be a tight fit, or a goof on the company that made it?

Thanks

Custom cases often appear to be too small for their intended devices if you feel comfortable try applying a little force to push in the device (not sure what it is) the foam may bend in a little and then slide up around the device. Custom cases are meant to be tight and depending on what it was made for it may be a little tight.

Custom cases often appear to be too small for their intended devices if you feel comfortable try applying a little force to push in the device (not sure what it is) the foam may bend in a little and then slide up around the device. Custom cases are meant to be tight and depending on what it was made for it may be a little tight.
Thanks it's for an Allen and Heath digital console

Thats what I figured often times for mixing consoles because their connectors (XLR, 1/4, etc) are on the back the foam is not as tight but on the sides they usually make the foam tight if you console fits its a good case cheaper custom cases let the board to move around and obviously you dont wat that like I said in my original post applying a little force may do it remember its foam so it's meant to compress especially to mold to what its protecting.

Update for everyone, got back to campus today and it's way too tight, and the case does not conform to the contours of the console at all (thicker at front than back)

Also, when fully seated, there's a piece of foam that blocks the entire bottom row of connectors... not very impressed with Rockhard Road Case on this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back