Road case for the ETC Element (actually, the Congo Kid, but..)

dreamist

Greetings..

Anyone have any good luck with a particular roadcase manufacturer for their ETC Element? I'm actually going to be putting a Congo Kid in the case, but the dimensions seem identical.. and even ETC ships the Element shipping kit in order to ship a Congo Kid back home to Wisconsin..

Thanks!

Joe

What do you need the case to do?
Rental/tour needs can be very different from venue needs.
I have a flight case for my Cobalt, but it has only been in it twice in two years. I am glad that I have it, but in reality, the shipping box would have been enough for what I need.
Most of the time, my console lives on the custom rolling desk with the rack and external monitors. If the console is getting moved, the whole desk gets moved, but my maximum lift is only 8".
Take care,
John

What do you need the case to do?
Rental/tour needs can be very different from venue needs.
I have a flight case for my Cobalt, but it has only been in it twice in two years. I am glad that I have it, but in reality, the shipping box would have been enough for what I need.

I don't need rental/tour quality, but I do need more than the cardboard box that the console comes in.. I keep two Congo Kid consoles in stock, one of which is basically always deployed in my venue but the other of which I occasionally loan out to other local community theatre organizations etc. So, they don't travel MUCH, but they do travel; and the rest of the time, having a bit more protection than the cardboard would probably be a good idea..

You can always get an appropriately sized Pelican/Storm Case with pick-and-pluck foam, and customize it yourself. Simple and probably less expensive than custom (as long as they make an appropriately sized case).

You can always get an appropriately sized Pelican/Storm Case with pick-and-pluck foam, and customize it yourself. Simple and probably less expensive than custom (as long as they make an appropriately sized case).

Pelican has some gun cases that aren't bad for this. If low-profile so it'll fit in your back seat or trunk is important though, the appropriately-sized Pelican may have a little more girth than is desirable.

Pelican has some gun cases that aren't bad for this. If low-profile so it'll fit in your back seat or trunk is important though, the appropriately-sized Pelican may have a little more girth than is desirable.

Hmm.. the only possible Pelican's that I can see that are of appropriate size are in the $500 range.. This is a Kid, so it's 32.9inx18.2inx5.5in...

looks like this would be the only Pelican option I think:
http://www.pelicancases.com/Pelican-1730-P232.aspx

I'd just assumed that folks who had Elements might know some case options, but I guess those consoles don't usually move much.. the hunt continues!

Cases in general aren't cheap, but there's a listing on eBay for a Element flight case for $250, if you don't mind shipping costs from the UK.

You could try calling around to the usual suspects like Anvil and R&R but simply because of the labor costs on top of the material costs it's hard to find an assembled wood case at a low price. You may actually luck out by searching eBay for cases intended for consoles of a similar size that have been long discontinued, such as maybe this honker for $125. Of course it's more like $250 after shipping but you could refine the search for something more local.

Do you need to just fit the console or do you need to include the peripherals like monitors, desk lights, trackball, etc.? I travel with my Congo Kid in a custom case that holds the console, two 23" monitors, a trackball, a keyboard, two desk lights, and all the necessary cables to hook everything up. The case itself was purchased from RoadCasesUSA and I fabricated the inside myself to fit my needs. All said and done it probably cost around $500, but given the value of what's inside and how much I travel with mine it's more than worth it. Let me know if you need more details!

Greetings..

Anyone have any good luck with a particular roadcase manufacturer for their ETC Element? I'm actually going to be putting a Congo Kid in the case, but the dimensions seem identical.. and even ETC ships the Element shipping kit in order to ship a Congo Kid back home to Wisconsin..

Thanks!

Joe

I have the ETC Element 60 and have had good luck with this case. I custom cut the foam to accommodate the console, mouse, keyboard and light. Works super well!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119556-REG/skb_3i_4719_8b_l_case_with_wheels.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back