Outboard Gear Road Case/Work Box

0HZ

Hello, I am looking for a combination of DR002H Tool Case and EWI RU Series Road Cases in one unit. Preferably the racks would be the top portion with the drawers being the lower. I am looking for this rather than just throwing some drawer units into the rack almost purely for the cleaner aesthetic and higher quality drawers. Anyone know of any manufacturers who make an affordable product like this? Thank you.

With few exceptions, every road case made in the USA is hand built. They have stock designs but there is nothing saying that will not alter them for you. Give your case maker of choice a call and tell them what you want, they will get you set up. Odds are it won't be any cheaper than a rack with rack mount drawers but it is worth a shot.

If you're really sold on not using standard rack drawers, you could probably get EWI Tourcase to build one for you. Let them know what you want and get a quote on it. There are a lot of great rack drawers out there, though. The EWI ones in particular are nice because they'll sell you brackets to support the rear of the drawer with the back rack rails. Other companies do this as well but EWI come to mind first as that's who we're talking about here.

I have a couple EWI trunks and a work box. When they came in, they were stamped made in China. Not a bad thing, but i don't think Audiopile will be able to build a custom box for you since these are stock boxes, not custom built. You'll probably need to buy a custom made one. MT cases and R&R are the closest I can think of to MN. Both are Chicago suburbs, so you could make a road trip and save yourself the shipping, if that's a concern.

The difference between those, one of which I listed, is I was looking for racks in addition to the drawers.

When looking for quality cases who do you recommend? Are the EWI Chinese made ones of high quality or are they something you'd expect for a low price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back