Control/Dimming Road/Touring House Peeps, What Board do you Use?

This might warrant it's own separate thread, but do you have any tips for making it easier to busk on an Ion? What is your approach?

Faders. Helps to have faders as some things just need a slider going up or down.

If using LED or movers than get some touch screens. We used 2 older and smaller ELO’s and when ETC came out with the magic sheet we jumped right on that to configure functional screens to attempt to replicate what an MA can do. Lots of color palettes, beam palettes, macro’s, gobo images and buttons to get at fixtures and groups, etc..... lots of things you can do with magic sheets.

Faders. Helps to have faders as some things just need a slider going up or down.

If using LED or movers than get some touch screens. We used 2 older and smaller ELO’s and when ETC came out with the magic sheet we jumped right on that to configure functional screens to attempt to replicate what an MA can do. Lots of color palettes, beam palettes, macro’s, gobo images and buttons to get at fixtures and groups, etc..... lots of things you can do with magic sheets.

Awesome. I just did a couple of Hip Hop Nutcrackers where I busked a lot of strobe effects using bump buttons. I also had a pretty comprehensive Magic Sheet. Busking on an Ion is definitely an art form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back