Robe Colorspot 575E AT

Help Again with Robe 575E AT Colorspot

Okay

I am using this light on an ETC Express 48/96 with the unverified 16bit personality from ETC.

I don't get how it is going to work

All the DMX charts from Robe show values from 1-255 and my board shoots the values wayyy up to 65535.

What do I do?! Help!

Re: Help Again with Robe 575E AT Colorspot

Okay

I am using this light on an ETC Express 48/96 with the unverified 16bit personality from ETC.

I don't get how it is going to work

All the DMX charts from Robe show values from 1-255 and my board shoots the values wayyy up to 65535.

What do I do?! Help!

That is because the attributes with 16-bit control do have that many values. Consider pan and tilt, which each have a fine control and a coarse control. For each step (0-255) of coarse there are 256 fine positions. So there are 256^2 positions or 65535. What the console and profile do is combine both the coarse and fine movement into one channel instead of two so that it is easier for you to control and you don't have to worry about two channels.

And BTW: I merged your two threads.

Yes thanks for the merge!

So basically

I just need to use the trackpad on my board until i find the pretty color, position, or gobo i want and then record focus points so I dont have to write down a ton of numbers..?

Yes thanks for the merge!

So basically

I just need to use the trackpad on my board until i find the pretty color, position, or gobo i want and then record focus points so I dont have to write down a ton of numbers..?

In short, yes, focus points will make your life a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back