Robert Juliat Oz will not dim with handle

Do you mean with the handle on the spot or handle/slider on the board? If DMX is present the spot will default to Highest level. for local control you have to remove the DMX source or set the DMX signal to zero and let the onboard handle take precedence.

And you have the response time set to 'None'?

and you have 'enabled' 'Local Potentiometer' in the Setup screen?

there is also a Calibration setting for the Pot in the same menu.

I'm looking at LED followspots in the med/long range and wondered how this Oz problem worked out? Any update?

I'm looking at LED followspots in the med/long range and wondered how this Oz problem worked out? Any update?

Not OP, but we've had one since last fall (knock on wood) with no flaws. We've run it in both a 50' and ~100' throw, and it's a VERY nice luminaire. IIRC the lumen count is about the same as a Juliat Victor, but because it's a flat field LED you'll probably run the lamp way dimmer since it will "feel" leagues brighter.
We've only run it in manual control since we've bought it, so no idea what the board fade/shutter strobe looks like (yes it strobes for some reason).

It does suffer the same issue that all Juliat followspots do, in that the boomerang design is crappy - it's a square peg in a round hole (or vice versa I haven't looked at it in a while), literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back