Automated Fixtures Robo scan lens refurb

Ben Robertson

Hi all, i hope this finds you well.

Im looking for advice from some industry vetrans that may be able to help me on the best method to re-secure lenses where the existing adhesives have failed over time .

I picked up 30 robo scan fixtures for $11.50 each which while old still use propper dichrocis and enmass look pretty good.

i have the following challenge to re-seat lenses 100 flat to keep the optics train spot on with out getting adhesive everywhere.

images >>

Clear RTV Silicone is probably the adhesive you want. I'm not 100% in understanding the assembly (never been inside a Roboscan) so hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

Edit: In looking at your photos closer, how about placing the lens on its rim and then applying a bead of adhesive on the backside? This way you're not left with the thickness of the adhesive acting as a "gasket" and thus changing your alignment.

Clear RTV Silicone is probably the adhesive you want. I'm not 100% in understanding the assembly (never been inside a Roboscan) so hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

Edit: In looking at your photos closer, how about placing the lens on its rim and then applying a bead of adhesive on the backside? This way you're not left with the thickness of the adhesive acting as a "gasket" and thus changing your alignment.
i have spoken to a fitter and turner frioend and come up with some ideas, i will post pic to see if there is room for improvement.

The basic idea is to 3d print a base plate which can be secured to a drill press table.

It wil have a slightly raised circle which fits in side the bottom of the barrel, we will then place the lens in flat , then something like a nerf gun dart with suction cup (fit to the drill press) once the lens is aligned we will lower drill press ( not spinning ) and lift lens, apply very thin bead of silicon to inside of barrel on the rim, then re-lower the lens into place ( at this point we should be able to loosen drill bit to release nerf dart suction cup) and repeat the process another 20 times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back