Roboscans don't respond to DMX when a Par is connected?

DJHiggumz

I use freestyler software, and I route my Martin roboscan 812 directly to it with a phase reversing cable that it needs. It responds and works just fine. then, I go to put in a par, and place it before the scanner and the reversing cable so it gets normal DMX. Now the par responds and the scanner doesn't. What could be wrong? There are obviously conflicts between the fixtures. The LED par does work with another model of par, and they are both chinese :(. That could be the problem, but they work fine with other fixtures, the martins might just be picky. Would a dmx splitter like this work? 1 Way in 8 Channel Output DMX DMX512 Signal Amplifier Splitter Distributor | eBay

I would try putting the Par after the scanner and see if that works without having to switch the phase back. Also theoretically the splitter would work just leave the scanner/s on its own output with the reversing cable out of that line.

I would get another pin swapping cable swap dmx for roboscans then swap back for LEDs. Also I would check the roboscans manual to see if you can swap the pins internally so you do not have to keep up with the adapters. Many Martin fixtures allow you to swap the pins by moving some internal jumpers.

it seems to be working now, Its weird, but I need to connect the lights in a certain order.... IDK :mad: chinese fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back