Rolling Your Own Wireless Communications System?

I started building the system a few days ago, so far i'm about 1/2 way through the powersupply/base station thingy. I'm just waiting for the capacitors and 2 extra XLR plugs.

What modifications did you do to improve it?

Kevin

I started building the system a few days ago, so far i'm about 1/2 way through the powersupply/base station thingy. I'm just waiting for the capacitors and 2 extra XLR plugs.

Kevin

Method9455 said:

Kevin

I don't have the information to hand at present, however it related to values of resistors around the duplex hybrid, the audio levels were too high to effectively work. I was actually pointed in the right direction by a fellow tinkering buff in Sydney, Australia.

I have since made up several for my daughters school as they did not have a budget to extend to Clearcom and they are kicking along quite happily ever since.

If you want some further details, email me off this board and I shall drag the specific details out for you

Yeah i do want the details, are you saying you increased the resistor levels so that full duplex works? If so, can you pull up the specifics, I'm not great with this kind of electrical engineering, I was hoping to just put it together off someone else's plans, I can do that much without problems. And i don't really want to waste my own money, because I'm paying for it and donating it to hte school.

Kevin

Sorry about bumbing an older thread but I was wondering if the information in this thread would still be applicable?

I'm interested in the phone based DIY intercom. Are there any walkie talkie based systems that seem to work well?

I find it amazing that of this thread Ship is the only one who is still active on this forum. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back