rooster

DaveySimps

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Lighting. Verb, transitive. The act of hanging a lighting instrument upside down from its traditional hanging position. In this case, the yoke and pipe clamp are under the instrument, instead of above. The actual instrument itself is still in the same orientation to aide in the proper installation of color frames and accessories. The term come from the fact that, when hung in this fashion, the instrument resembles the cockscomb on the head of a rooster.

Adjective: roostered.

Related to "overhang," "outhang", and "yoked out".

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not add the term to the glossary, I just defined. I have heard the term on many occasions in several different facilities. Perhaps it is one of those regional things???

~Dave

In 38 years in the business...
Stick around CB, Mr. Terry, and you might learn a thing or two...:twisted:

I added it into the terms-to-be-defined, to see if anyone else had heard or used it. I would define it as something between normal-underhung and overhung. While I like the reference to a rooster's cockscomb, I always thought it was a play on words, as in (during focus) "[euphemism for male anatomical member|BLANK-a-doodle-do] that light out on the pipe, so it can shoot around the one next to it." I first heard the term said by a Chicago LD (but not the same one who I first heard use the term radial:)).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back