Rosco Files Suit Against ETC

Good afternoon, Derek

Between the pandemic and losing our building to arsonists, Joel mentioned we would be discontinuing some product lines within his comments here . No, Apollo gel was not singled out, and I apologize for that. As a frequent flyer here at the CB, I should have made a formal statement regarding those items we couldn't bring back. Other items which were discontinued were the Right Arm, Apollo Color Scrollers, DMX cable, Crushed Dichroics, gel frames, and donuts.

We appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers during that difficult transitional time.

:)
Honestly I didn’t know y’all did anything but gobos and scrollers and I thought scrollers were phased out a long time ago. I think the move to focus on what the company does and continues to do the best at is make Gobos. I think it was a great pivot to focus on what makes great passive revenue that doesn’t need to be marketed cause it sells itself. Obviously it sucks that the fire happen and the rebuild cost all the RnD y’all had in the pipeline for the future of gobos.

But back to the topic. Rosco is reaching and are just ostracizing themselves from the rest of the community. Instead they should be reaching out and finding some middle ground to make the work they do stay relevant to the turning tide of technology. Personally I think this is driven by the bean counters that swayed the opinions of leadership to file suit for some possible cash in hand.

Our national tragedy appears to be waning:
Thank you for providing the update, @derekleffew
(A little late to comment, but Apollo had not considered for a moment to license the Apollo names/numbers to console designers/manufacturers for financial gain. The witty names and numbers which follow the spectral chart are available for anyone's needs. And thank you to those who have enjoyed using Apollo Gel as much as we enjoyed providing it!)

Thank you for providing the update, @derekleffew
(A little late to comment, but Apollo had not considered for a moment to license the Apollo names/numbers to console designers/manufacturers for financial gain. The witty names and numbers which follow the spectral chart are available for anyone's needs. And thank you to those who have enjoyed using Apollo Gel as much as we enjoyed providing it!)
Thank you for your Blueylicious work Keith.

Does that mean ETC couldn't have them at all, or that you didn't charge them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back