Rosco gel suggestions

sound_nerd

I got a book from Rosco today, well, more of a large brochure. Regardless of the size of the thing, lol, its got suggested colours for certain styles. For example, it suggests a few different gels to use if you want a daytime, mid afternoon look. Or, if you want more of a rainy day, dark sky type look. It seems really helpful. Especially for those of us who dont know these things. I realize they are only suggestions, but seeing as they come from Rosco, they must have a bit of truth in them. I'll probably keep it with my show notes stuff, so that if I need it, its there.

what was the booklet called? was it "rosco Catalog #44"? cause i cant find it in there. though i am just glancing though it so i might miss it.

It wasnt a catalog.....hang on I'll go look. *runs upstairs* alright, its called "the rosco guide to colour filters" and i recieved it as a suppliment to Catalog #3, and my new swatchbook. Its about 10-15 pages long. Lists what gel to use for different applications.

ooo very cool. i must run to my local store tomarow and pick it up. thankyou!

I noticed you're in the US. I get my stuff from Rosco Canda. Dont know if that makes a difference. Any excuse to head to the lighting shop is a good one though. lol.

i went to my local theatre store and picked it up. very nice find. very very useful. thanks a lot!

No problem. I think it would be extremely helpful for high school , and beginner techs.

yea, i grabbed an extra copy to stick in the booklet and catalog bookcase at school.

ya i got one of those from a previous LD and its awesome just to look at and get some ideas.
pretty sweet.
and its good stuff to know.
i aprove! 8)

yea i know i realized it after i posted, you can get to it easily though, when you go to the rosco website after you choose your country (at least under US) something comes up on the main page that says to click on it for the guide, its easy to find.

ccfan213 said:
yea i know i realized it after i posted, you can get to it easily though, when you go to the rosco website after you choose your country (at least under US) something comes up on the main page that says to click on it for the guide, its easy to find.
Yep. Took me about 10 seconds to find it. The link sequence is pretty logical.

I have something similar, if not the same thing, as a .pdf file on my computer. though honestly, i don't remember where i got it from.

-dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back