Rosco Horizon Help

Hey,
Does anybody use Horizon and have any tips for using the basic version. Our school bought it several years back not thinking we would be where we are today and so just any little tricks or nething would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Exactly what kind of " tricks" are you looking for ? I was a rocso trained feild rep. tech. I don't operate Horizon anymore but I remember quite a bit. We use Horizon on both our stages here, and we have a etc express.

wait a sec, sorry for the sidetrack, but rosco made horizon? I thought that was a genlyte product? Did I miss a buyout somewhere?

Yes you must have missed the story that was on the CB index page for something like 6 months. E.T. < entertainment Technologies> was purchased by Genlyte quite a while ago something like three years. They moved the operations from here in Portland to Texas. I have several freinds who had to make that trip. I feel real sorry for them. Can you imagine ? Portland to Texas ? Ugh !.

Yes you must have missed the story that was on the CB index page for something like 6 months. E.T. < entertainment Technologies> was purchased by Genlyte quite a while ago something like three years. They moved the operations from here in Portland to Texas. I have several freinds who had to make that trip. I feel real sorry for them. Can you imagine ? Portland to Texas ? Ugh !.

I knew genlyte bought ET, but I guess I was not aware that rosco was a part of that.

Rosco Bought E.T. very early on and for years they produced IPS strips and dims, they also produced Horizon, and Vista. All out of a little warehouse here in Portland. A little less well known is the fact that the Founder of E.T. ,Gordon Pearlman, and inventor of the IPS system, is also the inventor of the first computerized lighting console and the "Inventor" of D.M.X. Honestly it's weird when he walks into my office to ask me for drawings or discuss something having to do with the theatre here. < he's now on our board 'o directors>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back