The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Rosco Image Pro

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by v75vette, May 7, 2007.

1. v75vette

v75vette Member

Hello everyone,

We're looking into getting a few Image pros. I've doing some searching on this site and the more recent thing on the I-pro is from 2005. So there's a few years without any information on them.

How does everyone feel now with some more time under the belt. We'd be using them to project a clouds.

Thank you.

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

You might want to take a look at getting selecons instead of the image pros. You can essentially do the exact same thing and get a new fixture out of it as well. This set is done with selecons.... it was designed by someone that I worked with last year, also appeared on the cover of TD&T. http://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/images/Big-LOve-11.jpg

3. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Footer makes a great point. The cost is probably about double but instead of getting a gadget you only use occasionally you've got a whole lighting instrument you can use any time. The Selecon's run so cool you can use a home transparency kit for overhead projectors... cut it down and slide it in a gel frame... material cost about a buck each 8 1/2 X 11 sheet.

Sorry I haven't used an I-pro myself but I've heard good things about them.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  4. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Cost is a little less then double, an iPro goes for about 250, and selecon zoom goes for around 400, and I believe the fixed ones go for about 250-300 range. I would take a long look at the selecons before you buy the image pro. The zoom fixtures are ideal for image projection.