Design Rosco LPS?

PMWest

Has anyone out there used Rosco's LPS for paperwork? Like most of you I use Lightwright and have it configured (automated) to import and export instrument data in and out of VectorWorks and AutoCAD. Since I jump back and forth between the drafting and paperwork programs many times during the design process, this automation is an important time-saving factor.

I recently started playing with LPS because some of its features - like the scroller wizard - looked attractive. And it seems a little more comfortable with the Windows environment than Lightwright. But it's got one big problem: every time I import instrument data from the CAD drawing to LPS I have to re-map the field names ("Watt"->"wattage", etc.) manually. LPS doesn't do suggested matches as well as Lightwright, so this gets really tedious.

I've asked this question at Rosco's tech support site (ZBlue Software), but got no response. This makes me suspect that the product isn't a serious competitor. Have any of you used LPS successfully? For now I'm sticking with Lightwright, but the Rosco software would be desirable if it interacted more smoothly with CAD.

I don't know anything about LPS, but, keep your ears to the ground as LightWright 5 is due to be shipping this summer and should have many of the features that people feel are missing from the current release (like gel strings for scrollers and gobos in MLs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back