Rosco's "Wallhugger"

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Just saw this tonight while looking at the new Rosco products. It's the wallhugger, what does the Booth think. Good product or another questionable idea. Being from Rosco, my initial feelings is this little guy could be rather useful.

proxy.php

Interesting. There's certainly plenty of times it could come in handy. A set of those would have been great in the ball room we used for shows the last couple years. (Raceways with Edison plugs).

I wish there was a version with an on/off switch on the back of it. That would make it a perfect tool for bench focuses.

I was just looking at one of these for my pinspot problem. The $20 price tag is a bit steep (for my situation!!!) but compared to other similar products it is affordable. I like it.

...The $20 price tag is a bit steep (for my situation!!!) but compared to other similar products it is affordable...
Yes, a Right Angle NEMA 5-15 "cord cap" is about $7, and a Female 2P&G is $5, plus 18"-24" of 12/3 SOOW and 15 minutes of labor. Another solution to a non-existent problem.

As to your pinspot problem, cvanp, I thought your circuits were already Edison, and I've never seen a pinspot come with a stage pin plug.

I was just looking at one of these for my pinspot problem. The $20 price tag is a bit steep (for my situation!!!) but compared to other similar products it is affordable. I like it.

Yeah, but making an adapter yourself is only a bit cheaper - 2P&G @ $5, Edison @ $5, a piece of 12/3, plus labor - oh maybe 10 minutes per adapter ?, @$20 per hr. so $3 for labor, you save some money but the cable version is not as nice or useful.

SB

At first I thought it was just a right angle plug, which has been around for years. Didn't notice the 2P&G on it.

If you do corporate stuff (as I do) and need to access wall power often, I could see it being useful. But all my a/c is edison already so it doesn't matter to me. And most rental stuff I get comes with an edison/2P&G adapter already.

BTW, Pass & Seymour makes a right angle plug. The cool part is that you can turn the blades in any direction (with a screwdriver) so that the cord will always flow straight down no matter which way the outlet is set into the wall.

Yes, a Right Angle NEMA 5-15 "cord cap" is about $7, and a Female 2P&G is $5, plus 18"-24" of 12/3 SOOW and 15 minutes of labor. Another solution to a non-existent problem.
As to your pinspot problem, cvanp, I thought your circuits were already Edison, and I've never seen a pinspot come with a stage pin plug.

I meant for if I were to rent Ellipsoidals to replace the pinspots.

Anywho on topic again... :p

Do they make a reverse adapter? Edison to stage pin? I know of a lot of instances where something like that would be useful. Edit: yep, I guess so. $70. Whoa.

Last edited:
...Do they make a reverse adapter? Edison to stage pin? I know of a lot of instances where something like that would be useful. Edit: yep, I guess so. $70. Whoa.
The wallhugger adapter pictured above IS an Edison to StagePin adapter. When speaking "adapters" the male end is ALWAYS specified first (sorry ladies, that's just the way it is.) And cvanp Any good lighting shop will have many different types of adapters, and they used to rent for $1/week, sometimes included in a fixture's rental price.

My favorite adapter happens to be an A5M-CamLock.;)

Another problem I see with the Rosco Wallhugger is if the duplex 5-15 outlet is installed horizontally, or upside down, undue pressure would be placed on the blades, and/or the strain relief of the male 2P&G. Also, many hotel ballrooms have floor pockets, in which that beast would not fit.

File the Rosco Wallhugger along with the Lex Products' Lex-Loc™ NEMA 5-15.

Any good lighting shop will have many different types of adapters, and they used to rent for $1/week, sometimes included in a fixture's rental price.

I think I paid $5 a week last time I got adapters. I have to move. :(

I think I paid $5 a week last time I got adapters. I have to move. :(
So for the price of a two week rental you could have bought the parts and made them yourself? Unless TwistLocs were involved--prices for those are extraordinary.

Maybe Stella Lights' first branch office should be in Seattle!:grin:

Just convince the rest of the world, and then I will be right there with ya....

Well, now that Avkid mentions it, I always enjoyed the convenience of power and data running through a single NL-8 connector on the LSD Icon. Not sure if it was "legal" or not, though. I've also built many Edison to PowerCon adapters, so that kind of negates that idea.

I thought there was something similar which only has one notch at the top and powers speakers...? I think it starts with an "N", but the only word that comes to mind is "Neutron", but I'm **** near positive I've never heard of a "Neutron Connector".

You're right there is. It's not Nutrix is it or is that only the manufacturer of XLR (Canon) plugs.

There's a Neutron Hazer by Le Maitre, but the connector company is Neutrik, pronounced noy-trick, makers of the PowerCon®, OpticalCon®, EtherCon®, Speakon® NL-4, Speakon® NL-8, and XLR and other connectors. Certainly giving Switchcraft some competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back