RotaLock vs. Cheeseborough clamps

Jim Eddy

I will need a quantity of pipe clamps for attaching battens to the grid. Many of these attachments won't be at a right angle, so Cheeseborough clamps would work better. There are a couple instances where I will need to control rotation of the pipe. Would a rotalock clamp be better than a rigid (90°) cheeseborough? Overall, how do they compare for working loads, etc?

Jim

I will need a quantity of pipe clamps for attaching battens to the grid. Many of these attachments won't be at a right angle, so Cheeseborough clamps would work better.
I would vote for "swivel burgers" in this case, yes.

There are a couple instances where I will need to control rotation of the pipe. Would a rotalock clamp be better than a rigid (90°) cheeseborough? Overall, how do they compare for working loads, etc?

Jim
When you say "rotation of the pipe" do you mean you don't want the pipe to "spin" in the clamp? If that's the case I prefer Cheseboroughs. Depending on the single end of a bolt, point of contact to fight the torque of 4 S4's yoked out at 90° is asking a lot, IMHO. I don't particularly care for Rotalocks, never have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back