Rotating flat options

I imagined the pin flanged to base and a sleeve or hole in periaktoi, but imagined a spring rather than weights, but take your choice.
Ah - we were talking about the exact same thing then. Forgot about flanges and how easy they are to use - my idea was a DIY hack of the exact same thing.

Thanks to everyone who shot me ideas and advice on this. I think I'm going to go with the periaktoi option. I'll just build a standard one first, get the flats on it asap, and run some tests on stage. Could be that with weights in the bottom there isn't any significant drift when it gets rotated and we're done. If it does wander, I have plenty of options to choose from to address it.

You all are the best.

Edit: trimmed Bill's quote for brevity :)

If hollywood style flats, just join at vertical edges and attach casters to the flat frame. Don't bother with building a platform. The triangle in plan is very stiff. If you need a pivot - a piece of 1x4 or 1x6 "sitting" on the frames will do it.

If hollywood style flats, just join at vertical edges and attach casters to the flat frame. Don't bother with building a platform. The triangle in plan is very stiff. If you need a pivot - a piece of 1x4 or 1x6 "sitting" on the frames will do it.
Our current stock are all Broadway. I had a thought of building two new double sided Hollywoods for this, but am going to use what I have first.

Misunderstood/misread. Thought you had hollywood flats. My apologies.

Consider just a perimeter frame then for casters. I just don't see need for a whole platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back