The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Roundels?

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by litupsman, Oct 26, 2008.

1. litupsman

litupsman Member

Hi! I came across this site quite by accident searching for stage supplies. As an intro, I'm just a local guy in Lancaster, PA working with my daughter's church youth group doing the lighting for drama & holiday productions, maybe two-three times a year. Nearly everything I have for lighting is obsolete, but I kind of enjoy seeing what we can do with it. We will be staging the play "Matchmaker" in the spring and I'm gearing up. My current project is rewiring & restoration of some vintage Strand/Century borderlights and I'm short on amber roundels, was hoping someone may have some suggestions on where to locate some. I need 18 of the 5-5/8 diameter for R-40 lights, and could use frames as well. Used or new, no big deal. (Used may be a bit cheaper!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Welcome, I don't know what companies are still selling them, but I but they are still being sold. However, I know nearly every theatre I have worked in has a stack of them somewhere. I am sure that you could get them fairly easy if you look around.

3. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

4. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Check with BMI supply. They have a whole bunch of sizes listed online in multiple colors, they may be able to get you what you need.

5. lieperjp

lieperjp Well-Known Member

Teacher
    Welcome to the Booth!

Stage Lighting Store (online) has them here but you have to order a minimum of 24 for $91.00.

We just bought 5 R-40 strip lights from them without problem.