Runaway Arbor Created Problem

Matt Boniface

I am a Theatre Manager at a local preforming arts center for our school board. Today, while removing some weight from a, arbor, weight was miscalculated and our arbor ran away into it's Head Block. Weight has been added back onto the arbor but it feels and looks stuck. The thimbles from the arbor look to be entering the Head Block and one of the metal Fly lines looks to be stuck under a loft block.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on how to fix this problem or what type of business to call to make repairs.

Hi Matt,

InterAmerica is about 90min north of you. I would reach out to them and try to get someone on-site before your next use of the stage.

Think Barbizon has an Orlando office that also may be able to help you out.

Beyond locking out the set from further use I wouldn't try to resolve this in-house. You need an ETCP-certified rigger to get in there, assess the damage, repair/replace any faulty components, and provide training to all users to avoid a repeat issue in the future. Neither the school district nor you personally will want to assume the liability of performing this work on your own.

Yes, what Bill and Mike said above. Red tag it and call for 3rd party assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back