Sabine Wireless

That seems very, very odd to me. From what I understand, the Sabine units do use FM modulation, so I'm not sure what would cause that kind of thing to occur. The only thing I can think of is that the front end gets completely saturated with RF signal and the amplifier starts producing all kinds of nasty nonlinear products which get mixed down into the IF signal.
Things just keep getting weirder... Today, I replaced our old soundboard with a new one... After testing it with the system, I found that the problem with the loud squealing is gone.

I tested it several times, and it seems that somehow the problem was in the old mixing board.

Last edited:
After re-reading this entire topic again, I think I have came to a conclusion on the original posters problem. If he is not using an antenna distribution system, then that alone, running 10 channels, will cause problems.

You need to space the antennas at least 1 foot apart in order to get good reception on the system. With 10 channels, that 5 systems. That means 10 antennas all crammed together.

If you want the system to operate without issues, you need the antenna distribution box and external antennas. Without it, your going to get sub-par performance.

Landon

After re-reading this entire topic again, I think I have came to a conclusion on the original posters problem. If he is not using an antenna distribution system, then that alone, running 10 channels, will cause problems.

You need to space the antennas at least 1 foot apart in order to get good reception on the system. With 10 channels, that 5 systems. That means 10 antennas all crammed together.

If you want the system to operate without issues, you need the antenna distribution box and external antennas. Without it, your going to get sub-par performance.

Landon

Not ALL antennas need to be over a wavelength apart (~13cm or so at 2.4 GHz). What is critical is that the two antennas connected to each receiver are over 13cm apart, to reduce the possibilities of dropout. What an antenna distribution systems buys you is the ability to use two antennas in a much better location and share them among the receivers, as opposed to using mediocre whip antennas on the back of each unit. It also acts as an RF amplifier, boosting the signal slightly.

If you want to try and find out what may be intefering with your 2.4 wireless something like this may be a useful tool

Wi-Spy 2.4x | MetaGeek

It is prmarily for trouble shooting Wireless networks but whould help identify what is already using teh band

Sabine provides its own software, for free. This software allows you to monitor the RF on each channel of the system, so long as the software running on the laptop is connected to a receiver.

This software is your best bet, rather than an external program. It scans the ambient RF on each channel, and lets you know visually which channels you should use for the best performance.

I don't think you need the network I/O receiver just to connect the software to one receiver.

Ok, I never realized that this would spark such a discussion...

Unmanedpilot and I currently have moved onto other venues. However I can get in touch with them back home and relay this.

I would agree with Landon that a distrubution system would help greatly though the company has always been very frugal and with the economic downturn they may not be able to afford it. I will also point the SM here to take a look at it. I should have realized the closeness of the recievers would create a problem but I dont remember why i disregarded it. Thanks guys

So uh...over dead post but i wanted closure on it. They upgraded a while back to a Shure system :D looks like they finally got smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back