Safety Glasses For People Who Wear Glasses

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I've worn glasses since high school. I've always been frustrated with the results of wearing safety glasses with them. I finally got fed up and spent the money to get prescription inserts that go inside safety glasses. I purchased the Uvex XC Prescription insert system. This worked okay but I had issues with them steaming up and I had to disassemble them to clean them properly. I wore them until the prescription no longer worked and decided to give up and try going back to basics instead of replacing them.

So I decided to give the "NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses" on Amazon. I have been really happy with the results. I have not had any fogging issues so far. I like the way the sort of wrap around my glasses on the bottom edge. My vision is nice and clear and you can't beat the price of $13. It's a big full wrap around fit, but they don't look insanely big. Big thumbs up from Gaff!

If you are reading this thinking "I wear glasses, I don't need to wear safety glasses too" You are wrong. I used to think that way. Then one day while ripping cedar fence boards on a table saw I had a tiny fleck fly up under my glasses and into my eye. I had to wait a day and a half until I could get an appointment with an eye doctor to have it removed. Nope... you need safety glasses!

I've worn glasses since high school. I've always been frustrated with the results of wearing safety glasses with them. I finally got fed up and spent the money to get prescription inserts that go inside safety glasses. I purchased the Uvex XC Prescription insert system. This worked okay but I had issues with them steaming up and I had to disassemble them to clean them properly. I wore them until the prescription no longer worked and decided to give up and try going back to basics instead of replacing them.

So I decided to give the "NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses" on Amazon. I have been really happy with the results. I have not had any fogging issues so far. I like the way the sort of wrap around my glasses on the bottom edge. My vision is nice and clear and you can't beat the price of $13. It's a big full wrap around fit, but they don't look insanely big. Big thumbs up from Gaff!

If you are reading this thinking "I wear glasses, I don't need to wear safety glasses too" You are wrong. I used to think that way. Then one day while ripping cedar fence boards on a table saw I had a tiny fleck fly up under my glasses and into my eye. I had to wait a day and a half until I could get an appointment with an eye doctor to have it removed. Nope... you need safety glasses!

I am eligible for free prescription safety glasses at my gig. I'll talk to our dude and see what's our current model.

Scratch resistant anti-fog polycarbonate biforcals with the magnifiers on the bottom have been a big help since I turned 50. Mostly Uvex brand or whatever McMaster is carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back