San Diego Systems

Clifford

So, I'm looking for any information the company named in the title. They did the install for the sound system in my high school's theatre. We recently found the original plans for the system,but they are in really bad shape, faded and torn, and the like. When I went to try to contact them for a reprint I found that they don't have a website and they aren't listed in the yellow pages.

Does anyone know what happened to them? If they went out of business, should I contact the firm that designed the building and contracted SDS for the install about the plans?

kthanx

You could try contacting some of the sound companies listed in the Yellow Pages and asking them. The likelihood is they either went out of business, were acquired by some other company, or rebranded themselves. In any case, their competitors ought to know if they are still around.

Any chance this is them, San Diego Sound and Music Repair? Given that it has been close to 20 years since the project probably started, it would not be at all unusual for them to have a new name or be part of another company or simply to have gone away.

It depends on the firm, but in 1989 there were still many projects being drawn by hand, usually ink on mylar, so the original drawings may be out there somewhere but it may be a little more difficult to find them than if the project was drawn in electronic form. If you can't find the sound company directly then the General Contractor might be the next best place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back