Control/Dimming Sandnet and ESP Vision

Hello!
I am currently tooling around with all the options I have for designing while out of a space. I have settled on the Jands Vista Byron v2 for the console, Vectorworks 2011 for the drafting, and ESP Vision for the visualization, and Sandnet to connect Vista Byron and ESP vision virtually. I am currently running the demo version of Vista, Sandnet, and ESP Vision and I was wondering exactly what the limitations of each software's demo version is. None of them seem to have any indication what the difference between the demo version and the full version is. My other issue is that I don't seem to have any means for purchasing Sandnet, both their site and their software says that I need to email them to buy a licence. It's been a month since I contacted them and I have heard nothing. Does anyone know how I could reach them, and how much a Sandnet licence would run?

Is there any reason you prefer Sandnet over ArtNet? ArtNet does not require any additional software and Vision now allows you to run the offline editor for your console of choice on the same machine Vision is running on (if that is what you are looking to do) via ArtNet. Might be worth considering...

Best,
John

The last time I used ESP Vision ( 2 years or so) the demo version would only work with one of the demo show files that they provided. IE you could not create your set/rig you had to use there's .

I have successfully loaded a 3D plot of our Lab theater into the ESP demo version, and gotten dmx control, I lose my moving lights after a certain address, it would be nice to know exactly where the limitations are, and which program is the limiting factor

Is there any reason you prefer Sandnet over ArtNet? ArtNet does not require any additional software and Vision now allows you to run the offline editor for your console of choice on the same machine Vision is running on (if that is what you are looking to do) via ArtNet. Might be worth considering...

Best,
John

regarding artnet, the Vista software seems to interface really well with sandnet and not at all with a direct link to ESP Vision. I should probably mention that I am running everything off one computer, and not networking two together. Sandnet would also interface directly with a Sandbox, which is the hardware I am currently considering, as I currently have nothing that will convert artnet into a dmx signal.

I have used both Jands Vista and ETC Congo OLE's with ESP Vision on the same machine via ArtNet, but ESP Visions has only had this functionality for the past few months (or so depending on if you are using a MAC or PC); maybe the demo files don't have a provision for this yet.

Jands Vista will allow you to add and patch as many fixtures as you would like in the off-line version and it will output ArtNet for any universe appropriately connected. What it does, to prevent you from trying to run a show without paying for a dongle, is black out the entire output every few minutes. It sounds like what you are running in to is a limitation in the Vision demo; which I haven't played with in years as I own a dongle. It might be worth taking advantage of the live support option on ESP's site when you have another chance to work on this to see what they have to say...

Best,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back