Outboard Gear saving my rack/dual CD player

Dreadpoet

Looking for a dual cd player that doesn't take up so dang many slots in my gator case. Any suggestions on a more compact solution than typical dj dual cd player.

How many slots do you have, and how much money do you want to spend? Does it need to record or strictly playback? I have the HHB CDR882, but only because it is a dual burner (that records continuously on up to 99 discs without a dropout, pretty sweet). But even at dealer cost (which I am) it might be more than you want to spend.

I'm really wanting to somewhere in the 300-500 dollar mark. I don't need to record...I'm just wanting basic theatre playback options. I currently have a stanton c500...it takes up 4 slots in my rack. I'd like to have some of those back :mrgreen:

Tascam CD01U-Pro. Only a single disc, but only one space. Even if you bought a pair to get two drives you would still only use 2 spaces. The pro even comes with balanced outputs on XLR jacks, and I'm yet to have any of my students hand me a disc with an audio format that it can't read. Pricey though, maybe out of your budget.

Yeah, I have a c.500 also ... looking to drop to a c.403 for $200 to save on rack space AND get XLR outs for better sound quality.

The Tascam CD01U-pro is also on my watch list, but that's a much higher end and more expensive unit. If you can afford it though, probably the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back