Saw Blades

gmff

I am setting up my scene shop in a new location. I have been using some old blades on the chop, bench & skill saws. I thought that as long as I was setting up some place new i would the old blades. Any recommendations for blades?

I almost always buy Bosch. Best moderate blades I've found through Menards (my 2nd home). Freud makes some really good upper end (quality and price) blades though. Have a couple in my home shop for specialty fine work.

Our shop uses Freud for the stationary equipment and whatever is available from the big box retailers for the portable tools.

Reactions: Van
Freud Diablo. Best bang for the buck. DeWalt isn't too bad either and often on sale. Another tip is to look for a local place that does sharpening. Many carbide blades can be resharpened for less than new, especially if they started life as higher end blades.

I am setting up my scene shop in a new location. I have been using some old blades on the chop, bench & skill saws. I thought that as long as I was setting up some place new i would the old blades. Any recommendations for blades?
@gmff Another vote for Freud.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

+1 for Freud. They are easy to find and have a good price to performance ratio. If the saws see a ton of use I'd consider stepping up to a Forrest and finding a good local sharpening service.

After a lot of analysis I like Freud too...wait for it...

Oh and Home Depots "diablo".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back