Scene Shop Floor (sigh)

I thought there was something very clear from OSHA on this, but I can't find it at the moment. This could be what your facilities manager was thinking about when he came up with the requirement.

-Fred

If you search the OSHA website for scissors lift, you'll find their interpretation. I'd have to go through my notes, but I think scissors lifts are under the scaffold regulations. (But I'm not sure what you mean by "manlift".) [See below]

02/23/2000 - Fall protection, training, inspection and design requirements of aerial lifts and scissor lifts/scaffolds.

and
07/21/1998 - Aerial lift regulations; fall protection for scissor lifts.

Joe

I believe the OSHA requirements are pretty clear. If you are more than 6 ft off of the ground you must be tied off or have a railing. If you are in a manlift / scissor lift you must be tied off to an approved point, which is provided in all manlifts.
The point of tying off in a man-lift is not because of the risk of you falling, it is to keep you with the basket on lift in case of a tip-over accident. < this makes it much easier to find your body :rolleyes:>

There are several other threads dealing with the Scissor lift Man lift safety issues, and we have strayed from the OP.

After almost 8 years, nobody really knows the color of the floor of the set shop at my high school. In a lot of cases I can match certian paint outlines/spills/splashes to particular shows. Heck, the floor even has some signitures courtesy of the set builders.

In our storage room (which used to be the painting room) there are small murals painted on the floor mixed in with all the splatters. Call it art, and tell him you can't paint over art!

There is also a mirror hanging from the ceiling for a blind tennis game, which is pretty cool. There's too much junk in there now to play it :(.

I wish people would worry more about sweeping up all the sawdust, a slip hazard, that what the shop floor looks like.

I wish people would worry more about sweeping up all the sawdust, a slip hazard, that what the shop floor looks like.
Oddly enough I had that same issue with my set-up room floor. There was somekind of slick high gloss paint on it. The slightest amount of sawdust and you'd slip and slide like being on ice, even in good boots.
Now that there are several layers of flat paint, no more slippage issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back