Scene shop ventilation

SteveB

Puzzled.

Seems our new scenery construction and assembly shop, in our new gazillion dollar building, has no actual supplemental venting system for the assorted cutting tools and I was wondering if it was normal to think that might be needed in the design phase and have something installed. Mind that I’m the lighting director for the road house and this is the Dept. Of Theater shop, so not my expertise or area of concern.

The only venting in the room, according to the TD is the standard HVAC supply and return as per all other rooms in the building. Seems there’s no added venting for the assorted saws, welding area, etc..... there’s no spray booth, no room.

If you were designing a shop, or asking for a shop, would you be asking/designing this ., or adding after, which now seems to be popping a few windows and installing ventilation systems.

Well, even for small hs facilities i ask tgat at least dust vollection and a fume hood be considered. I consider how much it will be used, how likely to weld or use other than water based paints, etc. Usually end up with an exhaust hood and portable dust collection.

Dare i ask if the shop floor is wood or concrete?

Dare i ask if the shop floor is wood or concrete?

Ummm..... black panels, screwed down, Masonite looking stuff. I really don’t pay attention to this, I was asked about adding a panel for CNC units. The ventilation just kind of suprised me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back