Second Question - Effects playing software for the lazy

The_Terg

Another question:
Having both a low budget, and only 1 cd player, I was wondering if anyone has any good software for playing and mixing effects on the computer. Im looking for something that will load and play effects, with the abilities to adjust the volume of each effect and play multiple effects at once.

Let me remind you of 2 things -

1 - we already have a computer (Its Cr@p0, but it works).

2 - If this software has a bit of a price tag on it, I didn't mention how I would be getting it....... ;)

I recomend CoolEdit (not so easily found free but there are always ways around that). I dont think the cost of software is too rediculious anyway, but its great for just about anything sound related. I love it. Easy to use, a lot of bang for your buck. Let me know if you want to try it and I can put a "Educational trial copy" on my webserver for you ;) ;)

I second that aboud cool edit. It is my primary sound program for all applications

I use it over Pro Tools for music recording (my friend has an entire recording studio in his basement)

I use it over anything else for audio editing

I use it over Adobe Premiere for editing the audio of a movie

wemeck said:
Ahhhh! Promoting Hacking how devilish of you :!: :twisted: LOL

My dear wemeck, don't give them more praises than is due... it's not hacking, because they aren't breaking into something (whether it be code, database, or website), nor is it pirating, because they aren't copying it from the original source (original source being any intellectual material)... it is considered file-sharing or downloading.... the former if they make it available elsewhere again and the latter if they do't share it again.

It's a pet peeve of mine when the word hacking is misused... just wanted to clarify the terminology here :p

dvsDave said:
wemeck said:
Ahhhh! Promoting Hacking how devilish of you :!: :twisted: LOL

My dear wemeck, don't give them more praises than is due... it's not hacking, because they aren't breaking into something (whether it be code, database, or website), nor is it pirating, because they aren't copying it from the original source (original source being any intellectual material)... it is considered file-sharing or downloading.... the former if they make it available elsewhere again and the latter if they do't share it again.

It's a pet peeve of mine when the word hacking is misused... just wanted to clarify the terminology here :p

Not all hackers have to break into things. Hackers, by defintion, can merely be people proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff a Geek. People who say are driving down the block checking there e-mail from say a iPaq because a continous stream of houses have wifi on with a broadcasting SID and no WEP key. That would be hacking and the geeks doing it would be hackers. Should be an ACT question if you ask me. WE should add it to the long list a Baloo is a bear, and Younker is a young man, a lepton is a Greek coin...etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back