Seeking evaluators for my new PC-based DMX software

domls

Hello to all,

First, I'd like to thank those who responded to my post back in September concerning writing my own software for DMX control. I've learned quite a bit since then, though I am far from an 'expert' in the industry. Thanks go out to derekleffew, TimMiller, SHARYNF, STEVETERRY, and especially n1ist who provided me with some very good links.

I have completed the software which I've called Prosurv DMX (Prosurv is my company name). I hesitate posting the web site or any details about the product because I do not want to violate any rules on the board. Since, however, I am serious about putting the software out there commercially, I am looking for several well-placed and knowledgeable individuals in the industry to become 'evaluators' of the product (note that I did not say beta-testers, as the product has already been thorougly tested and is virtually bug free--as far as I know)!:)

My hope is that the 'evaluators' of the product will provide continuing feedback on the operation and use of the product, and also help me decide the price-point for the software. Each evaluator will receive a free copy of the software for use through Jan 31, 2009 (the version has a set expiration date). After the evaluation period is complete, they will receive a permanent free copy of the software (so that's my pitch).;)

I'll be happy to post an e-mail address and the link to the web site for those who are interested in becoming evaluators (if that's OK to do here). Also, I am planning on setting up my lighting and sound gear and recording it on video so that I can put it on youtube later this week. That way, everyone can see the software 'in action'.

Note that the software currently supports the USBDMX interface (usbdmx.com : The bus powered usb dmx interface : Home Page). I am planning support for other DMX interfaces, such as the one from ENTTEC in the near future.

Thanks!!!

domls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back