Thanks! It's been a little side project of mine for the last year or so.
Prices are whatever I can find, which usually ends up being actual list prices, since manufacturers don't usually list prices on their sites.

I recommend the Elation design wash led zoom. They are pretty good for their price point and have great coverage while other lights are on around them
That's a long discontinued light with the skittles discrete LED look - a modern wash to look at would be a Chauvet R2 Wash, or the R1 if you want smaller and R3 if you want bigger.

If you haven't considered Ayrton, I would add it to your list to check out. The Mistral LED Profile is a 300w engine with about 14000 lumens in their TC (90+ CRI) enginer, and almost 20000 in the S (70+ CRI) engine. Two rotating gobo wheels, full CMY+CTO mixing, color wheel, frost, prism, animation wheel, etc... There will also be a sister fixture called Diablo coming out early next year that sacrifices one gobo wheel for a 100% coverage framing system.

https://www.ayrton.eu/produit/mistral-tc/

Did a shoot-out with the SolaFrame 1000, and while the HES unit is brighter and has the extra gobo wheel, the Mistral is significantly smaller (40bs!) and plenty bright for a conventional-lit space.

They also have the Merak RGBW fresnel-based wash fixture, and should be coming out with a new small form-factor wash unit in early 2019.

So were back again! We ended up going with 9 Chauvet MK-II Washes, and everyone is happy. Now were back to looking for spots. Current contenders are:

HES SolaFrame 750
Martin ERA 600
Chauvet MK-II Profile.

Anyone have any new info on these fixtures? I am curious what in the ERA makes it cost less than the other two, but has a greater output? Whats the catch/trade off?

So were back again! We ended up going with 9 Chauvet MK-II Washes, and everyone is happy. Now were back to looking for spots. Current contenders are:

HES SolaFrame 750
Martin ERA 600
Chauvet MK-II Profile.

Anyone have any new info on these fixtures? I am curious what in the ERA makes it cost less than the other two, but has a greater output? Whats the catch/trade off?
I'm in the same boat. Let me know if you hear anything. The ERA 600 is sitting top of my list right now... I like the brand, and it looks good on paper but it's always tough with a new fixture. Anyone seen it in the field (demo's are a little difficult to set-up right now).

We ended up picking the SolaFrame 750. These are going to be our flagship fixtures, so we decided that we wanted a top of the line fixture. I think what sold me was the features on the SolaFrame (the integrated sACN node that can output DMX in particular) as well as the ETC/HES tech support. Does anyone ever used the lens defogger?

With this our intelligent rig will now be:
14x ETC Vivid-R 11
8x ETC Colorsource Spot
8x Altman Spectra CYC 400
9x Chauvet MK-II wash
2x HES SolaFrame 750
4x Chauvet Rogue 1x Wash in our lab space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back