The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Send Keystroke Commands from qLab to Windows PC via LAN

Discussion in 'Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control' started by jenar, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jenar

jenar Member

Hi,

i am looking for a solution to send keystroke commands from qLab (script cue?) to a Windows PC.

Important is that i am able to have this (script-)cue in my cuelist in qLab.
    Does anyone has an idea or simple solution?

Background Info for this:

I have a Windows Laptop on Stage with Webcam running Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and 3 scenes. With OBS it is possible to switch via hotkeys trough these scenes. I want to achieve this by sending these keystrokes via LAN from qLab.

Thanks for any help!
    jenar

2. rsmentele

rsmentele Active Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

3. jenar

jenar Member

thank you for your idea, but i want to control the windows laptop with qLab. So when i get your idea right, here i control the windows laptop with the usb extender and not with cues from qLab. thats not what i want to achieve. it is necessary that qLab controls the windows laptop (cues with scripts for keystroke commands).

4. Amiers

Amiers Lighting Phoenix 1 Lamp at a Time

I would talk to these people. http://www.obsremote.com/ and see if they have a way you could script Qlab to trigger something on your browser that is connected to your OBS.

Jay Ashworth likes this.
  5. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    Just to be clear (I am not offering advice as I haven't used this software), you are looking to find a way to have Qlab output specific keystroke commands via scripting. You already have the PC, using OBS, and can receive commands, fully understanding that process.

What type of script are you using?

6. jenar

jenar Member

hi,

i just want to share the solution i have found. download the program "OSC Cursor" witch can be found here:
    http://frieder-weiss.de/OSC/index.html

Activade cursor control and in qLab send the right commands. works without any problems.

RonHebbard, Amiers and Jay Ashworth like this.
  7. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    Thank you for coming back and sharing your solution. This truly helps the community.

Cheers!

RonHebbard and Amiers like this.