Send Keystroke Commands from qLab to Windows PC via LAN

jenar

Hi,

i am looking for a solution to send keystroke commands from qLab (script cue?) to a Windows PC.

Important is that i am able to have this (script-)cue in my cuelist in qLab.
Does anyone has an idea or simple solution?

Background Info for this:

I have a Windows Laptop on Stage with Webcam running Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and 3 scenes. With OBS it is possible to switch via hotkeys trough these scenes. I want to achieve this by sending these keystrokes via LAN from qLab.

Thanks for any help!
jenar

thank you for your idea, but i want to control the windows laptop with qLab. So when i get your idea right, here i control the windows laptop with the usb extender and not with cues from qLab. thats not what i want to achieve. it is necessary that qLab controls the windows laptop (cues with scripts for keystroke commands).

I would talk to these people. http://www.obsremote.com/ and see if they have a way you could script Qlab to trigger something on your browser that is connected to your OBS.

Just to be clear (I am not offering advice as I haven't used this software), you are looking to find a way to have Qlab output specific keystroke commands via scripting. You already have the PC, using OBS, and can receive commands, fully understanding that process.

What type of script are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back