Sennheiser G4 Sync Issue

macsound

Was doing a frequency sweep on a rack of wireless and 1 transmitter wouldn't sync via IR with the receiver. Unfortunately I didn't think about it until today when I'm back home, but I should have checked to see if it was the transmitter or receiver that was the issue by syncing to another.

I don't think I've ever had any issue on any wireless where they wouldn't sync, so I was thinking, is there a setting in the G4 that could prevent the handheld from allowing the IR sync?

The wireless is probably 2 years old and has always been permanently mounted in a rack, no touring or movement. Also confirming that the blue LED does light on the receiver during Sync and times out/ fails after the 30 seconds or whatever.

Thanks!

I *think* -- well, this is Shure, not Senny, so grain of NaCl -- that the transmitters may have Freq Lock to prevent them getting inadvertantly dragged off channel. I know our older non-IR Shures had it and I think the new ones do too, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly if the Sennys did also.

I've been doing a lot of work with my G4's recently and don't remember seeing a frequency lock option anywhere. I easily could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back