Microphones Sennheiser MZ 2-2 Supplier?

cekren

Hi all,

I'm working with a decent inventory (~30+) of Sennheiser MKE-2's this summer, however the company has lost most all of the original caps for the elements. I'd like to have caps as it is an outdoor production and I want all the "sweat-out" protection and wind suppression I can get before resorting to the bulky windscreens! I was able to find a "bulk" part number on some Sennheiser documentation that references a part number "MZ 2-2 Gold Accessory Kit" that comes with 5 of the MZC 2-1 caps I'm looking for. The problem is, I can't seem to find the MZ 2-2 available anywhere! I would much prefer to order in quantities of 5, assuming there are some bulk savings in play over the standard accessory kits at around $10 per cap (can we talk about how ridiculous pricing on these tiny pieces of plastic are from all mic manufactures, by the way?)

Bonus points if anybody has leads on bulk supplies on Countryman B3 caps, too - I've got another 20 or so of them that I would prefer to have caps on this season as well..

Have you tried calling Fullcompass or Sweetwater with the Sennheiser catalog number (004742)?

+1 for FC. I usually get everything I need from them in terms of parts, whether they have it in stock or not. I too, have found their search engines at times unreliable. You can try a site:fullcompass.com search on Google, or call your sales rep. They're all great and will get you taken care of.

I know it’s not the answer you’re looking for — but having done large outdoor musicals fairly frequently with that many mics, The MKE-2 without caps seem to handle just fine with regards to both moisture and wind. I usually do DPA 4061, but on the times where I go MKE-2 they handle as good with wind than the DPA and better when it comes to failure from moisture. I often do a tiny little ring of Moleskin around the capsule and that keeps moisture from wicking into the diaphragm. When I do use caps I use the slim caps, not the huge ones with the multiple ports — the multiported cap wicks moisture in from the sides and makes the actor look like they have a sore right in the center of their forehead.

That being said, if you end up striking out on your suppliers shoot me a PM, I don’t know model numbers but I have a handful of Sennheiser caps and bits I can let go of for a reasonable price.

Thank you for the responses! I had checked FC's website with no luck, but I'll try giving then a call and see what they say.

I know it’s not the answer you’re looking for — but having done large outdoor musicals fairly frequently with that many mics, The MKE-2 without caps seem to handle just fine with regards to both moisture and wind. I usually do DPA 4061, but on the times where I go MKE-2 they handle as good with wind than the DPA and better when it comes to failure from moisture. I often do a tiny little ring of Moleskin around the capsule and that keeps moisture from wicking into the diaphragm. When I do use caps I use the slim caps, not the huge ones with the multiple ports — the multiported cap wicks moisture in from the sides and makes the actor look like they have a sore right in the center of their forehead.

That being said, if you end up striking out on your suppliers shoot me a PM, I don’t know model numbers but I have a handful of Sennheiser caps and bits I can let go of for a reasonable price.

Interesting! This will be my first outdoor show, so I wanted to be safe and use caps, but that is reassuring to hear you've had good results without them.. If I can't find any suppliers, I'll send you a PM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back