Control/Dimming Sensor SR48 Dimmer Rack Indicator Lights

Aedyn Raven

Yesterday we lost the CEM for one of our two Sensor racks at the outdoor theatre I work at. We noticed the night before that the Sensor logo and the 3 lights at the top left of the unit were blinking instead of continuously on like they usually are when the rack is powered. The next day the CEM was out. We replaced the CEM and the rack works again, but now the lights do not come on at all. The tech we were on the phone with said not to worry about it.

I can't find anywhere online where is says what these lights are for or what the flashing might mean. Is it ok that they are off permanently now?

Assuming it's the classic CEM, not the CEM+ or CEM3.

A flashing beacon usually means it's time to clean the filters but they can flash on any error. If the beacon is dark, it may be a connection problem or the beacon failed, or a blown fuse on the CEM. The blown fuse would mean you had other problems though. Any faults are also reported on the CEM display with more information than the blinking beacon can provide.

Manuals are my friend. https://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737461366

PXL_20210514_220713507.MP.jpg
just to make sure I know what you're talking about, these three lights are called the beacon? Also you are correct it is the CEM, not the CEM3 or CEM+

Try re-seating the CEM. Could be a backplane connection issue. If not that, try swapping the two CEMs between racks. Does the problem stay with the rack or follow the CEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back